NOW IS A GREAT TIME TO DONATE! YOUR DONATION TO THIS PROJECT WILL BE MATCHED, THUS DOUBLING THE AMOUNT OF YOUR DONATION & YOUR IMPACT!
As the migration crisis continues in the Northern Triangle region of Central America, Friendship Bridge is working harder than ever to increase economic opportunities for women in Guatemala and empower them to build a better life. Poverty, violence, natural disasters, malnutrition, and corruption are just some of the tragic challenges that Friendship Bridge clients face on a regular basis. The compounded effects of COVID-19 have only exacerbated their burdens, leading some to send their loved ones away from Guatemala on a dangerous and costly journey North. As reported by Forbes: The fact remains, as long as conditions at home make life unbearable, people will feel compelled to leave everything behind in search of safety. Friendship Bridge believes families in Guatemala deserve to stay together and have access to economic opportunities that are close to home, sustainable, and safe.
THE SOLUTIONS WE'RE PROPOSING
Since 1998, W4's field partner Friendship Bridge has been dedicated to providing holistic solutions to counter migration using the tools of microcredit, health services, and education in hopes that our clients, or their families, never need to make the difficult choice to leave home. Friendship Bridge calls this combination of products and services Microcredit Plus. All of them contribute to growing clients’ businesses and improving their lives by reducing household vulnerability, increasing empowerment, and accelerating business development.
Microcredit Plus Services
- Individual Loans and Group Trust Bank Loans
- Non-Formal Education: Facilitated during monthly Trust Bank (loan repayment) meetings, NFE covers topics related to health, women’s rights, family, and business.
- Puente al Éxito (Bridge to Success): Cultivates clients’ high potential for leadership, growth, entrepreneurship, and impact on their communities.
- Health for Life: Combines health education with women’s preventive health services.
- Handmade by Friendship Bridge: Artisan entrepreneurs participate in technical and business trainings designed to help them enter new local and global markets.
- Women’s Agriculture Credit & Training: Clients access new markets through specially designed credit products, technical training, risk mitigation services, business assistance, and access to value chain participants.
- Advanced Business Training: Clients learn technical or advanced business skills to help diversify and/or grow their income.
THE IMPACT OF YOUR GIVING
With your support, Friendship Bridge can continue providing holistic solutions to counter migration from Guatemala using the tools of microcredit, health services, and education. You can continue reinforcing these efforts and supporting the work of Friendship Bridge to alleviate the effects of this current crisis by donating now to Friendship Bridge.
- $50 provides a diabetes screening and exam for one client in our Health for Life program
- $150 provides 10 Advanced Business Training classes to support clients as they seek additional income-generating activities
- $300 pays for an agronomist to travel for one month to train clients who earn an income through farming and agriculture, as part of our Women’s Agriculture Credit & Training Program
- $1000 provides Non-Formal Education to 330 clients in Guatemala for one month
Families in Guatemala deserve to stay together and have access to economic opportunities that are close to home, sustainable, and safe. Your donation will support Friendship Bridge in their goal of growing and improving women-led businesses, reducing household vulnerability, and increasing empowerment for thousands of women in Guatemala. Thank you for your support!